Tinubu given 24 hours to reveal position on Amotekun

News

Image result for bola tinubu photos

The All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader, Bola Tinubu has been given 24 hours by a group, Save Lagos Group (SLG), to reveal his position on the Western Nigeria Security Network codenamed ‘Operation Amotekun’.

Tinubu, who is being regarded as a prominent person in the Southwest by many, has remained mute on Operation Amotekun which was launched by Southwest governors last week.

In a statement released on Friday, the Convener of the Save Lagos Group, Adeniyi Sulaiman, said the group was giving Tinubu 24 hours to speak up.

Sulaiman asked Tinubu, who is an advocate of restructuring, to be courageous regardless of his rumoured Presidential ambition.

The activist rubbished threats by northern groups like the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore which stated that supporting Amotekun may cost the Southwest the Presidency in 2023.

He said it was hypocritical of the Federal Government to allow Shariah Police, Hisbah, to operate in more than 10 northern states while it declared Amotekun, which is operating only in the Southwest as illegal.

The SLG convener said the safety of the people of the Southwest was more important than any Presidential ambition.

He praised several personalities like Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka; Afenifere chieftain, Chief Ayo Debanjo; activist, Mr. Femi Falana, SAN; Chief Olu Falae, Otunba Gani Adams and several others for speaking up for the people of the region.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.